CL3 Clerk 3
Legal Aid Manitoba, Corporate and Strategic Services
Advertisement Number: 37920
Salary(s): CL3 $41,212.00 – $47,283.00 per year
Closing Date: July 26, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
To be considered for this competition, you must submit an Application Screening Form. Complete the Application Screening Form at the link below. If you are having difficulty opening the link, you may have to use a different browser. You may also contact Human Resource Services (contact information under “Apply to”) to request a copy of the Application Screening Form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this Application Screening Form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment.
Click here to access the application form.
Legal Aid Manitoba provides legal help to people who are financially eligible. We strive to serve all clients with respect and dignity. Our service is fundamental to a fair and balanced justice system.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- A satisfactory Child Abuse Registry check
- A satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry check
- The ability to travel within the province
- Knowledge of Child Protection court processes and procedures
- Knowledge of Legal Aid Manitoba Application and its requirements regarding financial/merit eligibility
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with the attorneys, clients, staff, government agencies and professionals
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Experience working with confidential information and using discretion when handling sensitive material
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage priorities in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Ability to maintain accuracy with attention to details
- Ability to work independently and make decisions under minimal supervision
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Proficiency working with Open Office or Microsoft Office or similar software
- Successful completion of a recognized paralegal/secretarial training program, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Knowledge of family law processes
- Knowledge of Legal Aid Manitoba mandate, policies and procedures
The incumbent will manage the day to day operation of the Full Service Duty Counsel (FSDC) program in accordance with Legal Aid Manitoba policies and procedures and provincial legislation. The Court Coordinator manages all child protection dockets in Winnipeg, provides direction to respondents, Legal Aid clients, the Court and completes Legal Aid Manitoba applications to have counsel appointed and tracks those applications. On Child Protection Law Office (CPLO) certificate cases, speaks to adjournments, sets Pre-Trial dates, occasionally speaks to and obtains Court orders. As primary contact at Legal Aid Manitoba regarding all child protection proceedings in Winnipeg, provides information and direction to Legal Aid staff, private bar, Agency counsel and staff, client support agencies, the judiciary and the general public. As part of the CPLO team the Court coordinator works with staff on specifics of new and current client cases and ensures ongoing effective program delivery.
Advertisement # 37920
Service Centre 1
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3L6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source