COVID Data Entry Clerk
CL3 Clerk 3
Term until December 31, 2021, with the possibility of extension
Department of Health and Seniors Care
Cadham Provincial Lab, Transition Division
Advertisement Number: 37610
Salary(s): CL3 $41,212.00 – $47,283.00 per year
Closing Date: May 24, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
Eligibility list will remain open until exhausted.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Applicants may be required to undergo testing to validate their knowledge, skills, and abilities as they relate to the qualifications of the position.
Candidates are required to submit both the Application Form for screening and a current resume. Please see the link below for the Application Form for screening.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A current and satisfactory criminal records check. Candidates are responsible for the associated costs.
- Must be available to work overtime, weekends, evenings and statutory holidays (if required).
- Experience in data entry, including the ability to enter information with a high degree of accuracy and speed
- Strong verbal communication skills including the ability to respond to telephone inquiries in a professional and diplomatic manner, and corresponding with stakeholders
- Effective time-management and organizational skills including the ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to effectively work independently with little supervision
- Knowledge and understanding of privacy legislation such as the Personal Health Information Act (PHIA)
- Knowledge and understanding of medical terminology
- Well rounded experience using a Laboratory Information System, preferably Labware or an equivalent laboratory or health related information management software system
Reporting to the Client Services Unit Supervisor, the incumbent processes the daily workload of requisitions for identified laboratory testing. The incumbent responds to routine physicians and health care professionals’ telephone inquiries.
Key responsibilities include:
Accurately entering incoming requisitions into the laboratory information management system (LIMS).
Responsible for critical matching of incoming requisitions with correct patient on Client Registry.
Respond to patient inquiry calls as authorized by reading exactly what is on the screen and referring all calls that require further interpretation to appropriate section.
Report results to health professionals by telephone, mail, or fax, following prescribed procedures.
Maintain files of requisition.
Maintain documentation of all faxed reports.
Advertisement # 37610
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source