COVID – Laboratory Technician
LB2 Laboratory Technologist 2
Term until December 31, 2021, with the possibility of further extension
Department of Health and Seniors Care
Cadham Provincial Laboratory, Transition Division
Advertisement Number: 37649
Salary(s): LB2 $41,817.00 – $49,477.00 per year
Closing Date: June 1, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
An eligibility list may be established and maintained for up to a period of 6 months for future (term and regular) vacancies.
Applicants may be required to undergo testing to validate their knowledge, skills, and abilities as they relate to the qualifications of the position.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A current and satisfactory criminal records check. Candidates are responsible for the associated costs
- Must be available to work overtime, weekends, statutory holidays and evenings as required
- Medical Laboratory Assistant Certification from an accredited institution. An acceptable combination of education and/or training and experience may be considered.
- Experience in receiving and processing specimens; preferably experience in a high volume clinical laboratory setting.
- Experience aliquoting serum and blood specimens.
- Knowledge of laboratory health and safety practices.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Effective organizational skills that include the ability to successfully meet the demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of medical laboratory terminology.
- Experience using a Laboratory Information System (LIS).
- Experience in data entry, including the ability to enter information with a high degree of accuracy and speed.
The Laboratory Technician is a front-line position responsible for the receiving and processing of laboratory specimens for Microbiology, Virus, Serology and Perinatal Chemistry. The incumbent will also be responsible for the data entry of demographic information into the Laboratory Information System, and receiving and processing STAT, Maternal Serum Screen, and other Department specimens as required.
Advertisement # 37649
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source