COVID Medical Technologist
MG1 Medical Technologist 1
until December 31, 2021, with the possibility of extension
Department of Health and Seniors Care
Cadham Provincial Laboratory, Transition Division
Advertisement Number: 37642
Salary(s): MG1 $60,230.00 – $75,569.00 per year Plus Qualification Pay, if applicable.
Closing Date: May 31, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be established and maintained for up to a period of 12 months for future (term and regular) vacancies.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check. Candidates are responsible for the associated costs.
- General Certified Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) with current registration with the Canadian Society of Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS) and current licensure with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Manitoba (CMLTM).
- Candidates who have a conditional license with the CMLTM and will obtain registration and general certification with the CSMLS and full licensure with the CMLTM within two months of employment, or MLTs who are eligible for registration and general certification by CSMLS and eligible for full licensure with the CMLTM may be considered and are encouraged to apply.
- Must be available to work overtime, weekends, evening, and statutory holidays.
- Post-secondary education in the field of medical laboratory sciences
- Knowledge of general laboratory techniques
- Knowledge of general laboratory theory as it relates to a public health laboratory
- Knowledge of total quality assurance procedures and practices including quality control
- Knowledge of general health and safety practices in a laboratory environment
- Effective organizational skills and ability to handle stress in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge and understanding of privacy legislation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Completion of a Bachelor of Science (BSc) from a recognized educational institution in a related field
- Experience using a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and/or SoftTech
- Experience practicing as an independent medical laboratory technologist
Reporting to the Technical Specialist/Supervisor, the incumbent works in one of five sub-sections of the laboratory (Technical Support, Serology, Perinatal Chemistry, Clinical Microbiology or Virology) and is responsible for processing and testing samples and reporting results according to the established laboratory protocols.
Advertisement # 37642
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source