LF1-3 Legal and Court Services
with the possibility of becoming regular
Manitoba Prosecution Service, Crown Law
Advertisement Number: 39777
Salary(s): LF1-3 $3,074.00 – $6,076.95 bi-weekly
Closing Date: August 31, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. To be considered for this competition candidates are required to submit the Application Form for screening, along with their resume, to the Civil Service Commission by email (email@example.com), quoting 39777 and position title in the subject line. Resumes may be used in addition to the Applicant Form for screening purposes.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Member (in good standing) or eligible for immediate membership with the Law Society of Manitoba
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Search with Vulnerable Sector Search, Adult Abuse Registry Check & Child Abuse Registry Check
- Enhanced Security Screening
- Evening, overnight and weekend work as required
- Ability to travel by road, air & small watercraft, including overnight stays and must have a valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s Licence
- Litigation experience in the practice of criminal law including experience reviewing files for bail and disposition
- Superior verbal communication and presentation skills
- Superior written communication skills
- Superior interpersonal skills with an understanding of establishing and maintaining effective and professional working relationships
- Excellent analytical skills
- Effective case management and time management skills
- Ability to adapt, learn and grow through challenge, pressure or adversity (resilience)
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and work under pressure to meet workload demands and deadlines
- Ability to work independently including determining reasonable positions, reviewing, meeting and potentially resolving cases
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experience and proficiency with computer software packages including legal research applications, MS Word, Excel and Outlook, PRISM or equivalents
- Prosecutions experience
As a Crown Attorney, you will provide prosecutorial service regarding matters arising under the Criminal Code of Canada and provincial statutes, in the provincial and superior courts. Other duties involve giving legal opinions, reviewing police reports and instructing police with respect to charges.
Duties include conducting an early review of custody files, discussing with legal aid duty counsel and appearing before the Judicial Justice of the Peace for s. 503 hearings. The hours anticipated for the evening position will be from 4 pm-11 pm Monday to Friday. The overnight shift is scheduled from 12 am-8 am shifts 5 days on 5 days off, including weekends. These shifts will be done remotely.
Advertisement # 39777
Service Centre 1
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3L6
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source