MANITOBA MÉTIS FEDERATION
DATA VERIFICATION AGENT
August 19, 2022
The Manitoba Métis Federation (MMF) is the democratic Government of the Red River Métis – also known as the Manitoba Métis. The Red River Métis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time Data Verification Agent position within our Central Registry Office Department located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB. Under the direction of the Director, the Data Verification Agent is responsible to review citizenship files and to verify all files are complete, accurate, and include the necessary documentation.
• Work with Regional Registry Officers to verify application files are complete and accurate;
• Flag and follow up on incomplete files;
• Check for authenticated genealogical requirements;
• Ensure contact information is current on file;
• Answer general inquiries relating to Citizenship;
• Provide assistance and guidance to the MMF Regional Offices;
• Create queries within Microsoft Access database environment;
• Fulfill requests for information on Harvester or Citizenship stats;
• Maintain and update both electronic and hard copy filing systems;
• Perform clerical duties related to MMF Citizenship.
Skills and Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or equivalent;
• Minimum two years’ experience in an office environment;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and other database programs;
• Ability to create and maintain electronic and hard copy filing systems;
• Ability to work independently, in a team and with the public in a professional manner;
• Minimum typing speed of 40 words per minute;
• Demonstrated strong planning, organizational and time management skills with strong attention to detail;
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to use judgement and initiative in dealing with workflow;
• Knowledge of genealogy, Métis culture, MMF programs and services; and
• Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension, and vacation. Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Monday, September 5, 2022.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Métis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: email@example.com
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source