Debt Operations Officer
Fl2 Financial Officer
Treasury Operations, Treasury
Advertisement Number: 38261
Salary(s): Fl2 $52,181.00 – $65,564.00 per year
Closing Date: November 1, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Treasury Division-Department of Finance is a separate entity placed under the management of an Assistant Deputy Minister due to the need to place greater emphasis on the management and servicing of substantial amounts of money, debt, investments and derivative instruments requiring specialized financial expertise in these complex areas. The Division manages and administers the cash resources, borrowing programs, investment and debt management activities of the government. It further manages the borrowing programs and investment activities for all of its Crown Corporations and government agencies. As well arranges the financing of municipalities, schools and hospitals.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Accounting experience equivalent to completion of CPA preparatory courses or the equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered
- Experience working with complex Excel spreadsheets (formula and functions)
- Experience working with the settlement and servicing of financial instruments such as long-term debt, short-term investments, bonds and foreign exchange
- Mathematical aptitude including analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with wire payment systems and related internal controls
- Verbal communication skills with ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure while meeting daily deadlines
- Organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong written communication skills
- Experience servicing derivatives
The Debt Operations Officer is accountable for assisting in the administration and servicing activities of the Province’s debt, currency and interest rate swaps including similar financial risk management agreements. The incumbent is primarily responsible for accurately compiling debt, derivative, investment servicing commitments in various currencies and interest rate structures into a consolidated format for review/approval within required timeframes.
Advertisement # 38261
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source