Deputy Registrar/Staff Justice of the Peace/Clerk of Court
CC3-4 Clerk of Court 3-4
(with a possibility of becoming Regular)
Regional Courts, Courts
Advertisement Number: 36935
Salary(s): CC3-4 $1,723.33 – $2,198.93 bi-weekly Plus Remoteness Allowance, if applicable.
Closing Date: December 20, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Preference may be given to internal candidates.
To be considered for this competition candidates are required to submit the Application Form for screening, along with their resume, to the Civil Service Commission by email ( firstname.lastname@example.org ), quoting 36935 and position title in the subject line. Resumes may be used in addition to the Applicant Form for screening purposes.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Enhanced Security Check
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check, Adult Abuse Registry Check and Criminal Record Check
- Ability to lift and transport related equipment weighing up to 14 kgs./30lbs.
- Ability to travel to other court centers and circuit court locations by car, airplane and other means of transportation with the possibility of overnight stays
- Ability to work overtime as necessary with little notice
- Valid Manitoba Class 5F Driver’s License and access to a personal vehicle for business purposes
- Must qualify for an appointment as a Staff Justice of the Peace pursuant to statutory requirements
- Experience in a court or related legal environment
- Experience interpreting and applying Statutes, Acts and Rules
- Experience with court documents, policies and procedures
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure to meet workload demands or deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills using sound judgment
- Ability to resolve conflict using effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as contribute to a respectful workplace
- Experience working with confidential information and maintaining confidentiality in the workplace
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Outlook and Excel, as well as internal applications such as CCAIN, and QB Registry
- Experience dealing with the public, judiciary, legal profession, law enforcement agencies and other stakeholders
As a Deputy Registrar, the incumbent is responsible to review, file and process documents pertaining to all Queen’s Bench divisions and enter relevant information on the Registry system according to a standards manual. As a Staff Justice of the Peace, the incumbent will perform the duties of these positions as and when required including receiving information, issuing process and determining issuance of subpoenas, assuring the accuracy and completeness of court issued documents, reviewing and signing court orders for offenders , applicants and respondents, as well as explaining court procedures and preventative justice programs to the public. As Clerk of Court, the incumbent must prepare dockets and documents arising from the proceedings, attend the Court of Queen’s Bench or Provincial Court to clerk, monitor, log and maintain a record of proceedings for all matters before the court. The incumbent is also responsible to coordinate short transcript requests and perform cashier duties as required.
Advertisement # 36935
Service Centre 1
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3L6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source