Design & Drafting Technician
EA4 Engineering Aid 4
Capital Region, Technical Services & Operations
Steinbach MB, Winnipeg MB
Advertisement Number: 37965
Salary(s): EA4 $50,504.00 – $60,271.00 per year
Closing Date: August 8, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
A twelve-month eligiblity list may be establised to fill future term and/or regular Design and Drafting Technician positions in the Capital region.
Manitoba Infrastructure is currently looking to fill two (2) regular full-time positions in the Capital region, one (1) each for their Steinbach head office, and Winnipeg sub-office located near Deacon’s Corner. Applicants are requested to identify which position(s) they are applying for in their covering letter and/or resume.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must have a Valid Class 5 Drivers licence.
- Must be able to travel occasionally to construction worksites.
- Must be able to work for extended hours and periods of time (including weekends).
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment.
- Must be physically capable of performing all of the required duties of the position.
- Completion of a Civil Technologist Diploma, or Civil Technician Certificate or completion of Department Level 2 Survey training course, Design 3 and Design Management Guide (DMG), or a suitable combination of education and experience.
- Directly related computer aided design and drafting software experience.
- Directly related preliminary and roadway construction survey experience.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills for building and maintaining positive working relationships with diverse work groups.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to effectively manage multiple priorities in order to meet objectives and deadlines.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of individuals and/or groups.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of department design and drafting standards, practices and policies.
The Design and Drafting Technician reports to the Regional Design Engineer/Senior Regional Design Technologist and works in an advanced technical environment requiring specialized technical ability to perform various roadway design duties which include drafting, earthwork design and quantities, Digital Terrain Models (DTM), while adhering to department standards, policies and procedures. The Design and Drafting Technician requires extensive interaction and co-operation with Regional project team(s) to ensure the Department’s overall objectives are met.
Advertisement # 37965
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source