EG3 Engineer 3
Department of Labour, Consumer Protection and Government Services
Water Services Branch, Capital Project Planning and Delivery
Advertisement Number: 39633
Salary(s): EG3 $74,404.00 – $94,528.00 per year
Closing Date: August 29, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
The Manitoba Water Services Board (MWSB) has been assisting rural Manitobans for over 60 years in the development of safe, affordable and sustainable water and wastewater infrastructure. Water Services Branch staff within the Department of Labour, Consumer Protection and Government Services implement MWSB projects and service by providing technical and financial assistance to municipalities and water cooperatives in the development, transmission, distribution and control of water supplies. The MWSB through the Water Services Branch also provides assistance for collection, treatment and disposal of municipal wastewater. The Water Services Branch is looking for a high performing and enthusiastic individual to join our Engineering and Management Team.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer with the Engineers and Geoscientists of Manitoba (EGM)
- Must have ability to work outdoors in extreme temperatures (in both winter and summer)
- Must have a valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence and the ability to travel within the Province of Manitoba by ground and air, which may require overnight stays.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (Civil, Biosystems or Environmental). An equivalent combination of education, qualifications and related experience may be considered.
- Experience with planning, design, tendering and construction of water and sewer infrastructure.
- Knowledge of water and wastewater treatment technologies, regulations, and standards.
- Experience writing and interpreting technical documents for planning, design, tendering and construction of projects.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to prioritize daily tasks and handle workload to meet conflicting priorities and time-sensitive deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate technical information effectively with staff, public, internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong written communication skills including authoring technical documents.
- Ability to learn and work with appropriate industry software tools and technology to successfully complete projects.
- Possess strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while displaying initiative.
Reporting to the Senior Design Engineer, the incumbent will conduct and assist staff in the preparation of designs, specifications and tender documents to deliver the Board’s capital municipal water and sewer infrastructure program for municipalities in rural Manitoba. Will liaise with municipalities and consulting engineers, provide project management services, assess infrastructure, and collect field information in order to provide cost effective solutions. This position will prepare applications for permits, licenses, and other approvals necessary to tender projects. Duties will include reviewing plans and specifications prepared by consulting engineers to ensure adherence to standards, regulations, sound engineering concepts, municipal concerns and capital constraints. The incumbent will assist in the execution of planning studies and strategies, reviewing engineering proposals and the selection of engineering consultants. Will represent the Board by conducting presentations and/or responding to questions at public meetings, municipal council meetings, and Municipal Board hearings. Construction functions will include reviewing shop drawings and approved equal submissions, and investigating construction related issues to recommend appropriate actions.
Advertisement # 39633
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source