REPORTS TO: Claims Supervisor
DIRECT REPORTS: N/A
Red River Mutual is a progressive insurance company with a focus on our customers and employees. We believe everyone has a right to feel safe and protected, and to know that someone is looking out for them. So we treat our employees like family members – we’ll be honest with them, support them, offer a listening ear, admit when we’re wrong and be a positive force in their lives and in our communities.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Working within predetermined authority levels and under the direction of the Claims Supervisor, Desk Claims Specialists use the telephone to investigate, evaluate and negotiate low to moderate commercial and residential property and casualty insurance losses reported by Red River Mutual Policyholders. The Claims Specialist is responsible for communicating with policyholders, licensed insurance brokers and other various stakeholders to achieve an efficient and fair resolution to all assigned claim files.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Investigate the circumstances of reported losses thoroughly by telephone conversations and recorded interviews with various parties involved.
- Review complex policy wordings to evaluate the availability of insurance coverage for reported losses.
- Engage and coordinate various internal and external experts by telephone to assist in the investigation, evaluation, or indemnification of the loss.
- Effectively communicate the results of the coverage review verbally and in writing to the policyholder and independent insurance broker.
- Responsible for ensuring electronic claim file is documented and up-to-date.
- Manage loss and expense reserves accurately and ensure timely claim payments.
- Manage the policyholder and repairers/retailers to bring the claim to a quick and satisfactory resolution for all involved.
- Negotiate resolution of insured losses based on the results of the investigation.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS:
- High school diploma
- Post –secondary education considered an asset.
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation or willingness to work toward.
- Previous insurance adjusting experience of entry level claims or prior experience in residential underwriting or insurance sales.
- Proven teamwork, relationship management and collaboration skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- High level of emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills in stressful situations.
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and decision-making capabilities.
- High level of organization and attention to detail.
- Advanced negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Proficient computer skills and experience with Claims Connect and Guidewire an asset.
- Basic understanding of building construction/renovation techniques.
- Ability to handle fluctuating workloads and demanding timelines.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request any time during the recruitment process. Our Accessible employment policies and practices are available on request and in accessible formats. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats of communication and/or request an alternative method of applying for a position by contacting email@example.com or 1-800-370-2888 (toll free).
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source