IS2 Info Technologist 2
Department of Labour, Consumer Protection and Government Services
Real Estate Services Branch , Asset Management
Portage la Prairie MB
Advertisement Number: 39409
Salary(s): IS2 $64,267.00 – $83,161.00 per year
Closing Date: September 4, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
The competition will remain open until filled.
The Manitoba government is seeking a Developer/Analyst to work within the Real Estate Services Branch in Portage la Prairie. This position offers reliable and full time employment with a defined pension plan. The Manitoba government also provides an excellent benefits package which includes extended health, health spending, dental, vision, long term disability, supportive employment, sick leave, paid vacation and maternity/parental leave. The Department of Labour, Consumer Protection and Government Services provides ongoing professional and educational development for its employees.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- A technical certificate, degree or diploma in a related discipline such as computer sciences. A suitable combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience in software application development and maintenance.
- Experience in database design and maintenance.
- Experience with desktop and server support and maintenance.
- Experience with Visual Studio (specifically Visual Basic, .NET, C#) and SQL Scripting.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with various stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Knowledge of GIS applications.
- Experience with Crystal Reports, Great Plains, and Web Development.
Reporting directly to the Manager of Admin, IT and Finance, the Developer/Analyst improves organizational effectiveness by identifying problems, streamlining procedures, systematizing manual processes, and optimizing the use of existing resources. They ensure that computerized applications and staff procedures support the current and future business requirements of the Branch by researching issues, designing solutions, and working with a team to implement these solutions.
Advertisement # 39409
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source