Dietitian – REPOSTED
Term until July 2023
Department of Mental Health, Wellness and Recovery
Selkirk Mental Health Centre
Advertisement Number: 39018
Salary(s): DI1 $57,746.00 – $77,343.00 per year
Closing Date: December 31, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Position will remain posted until filled
Selkirk Mental Health Centre (SMHC) is looking for dietitians to join their team. SMHC is a 252-bed facility located in the City of Selkirk that provides specialized inpatient mental health and acquired brain injury treatment and rehabilitation services to residents of Manitoba. For more information see www.gov.mb.ca/health/smhc. Selkirk Mental Health Centre (SMHC) is looking for dietitians to join their team. SMHC is a 252-bed facility located in the City of Selkirk that provides specialized inpatient mental health and acquired brain injury treatment and rehabilitation services to residents of Manitoba. For more information see www.gov.mb.ca/health/smhc.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess a current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search.
- Must possess a current and satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check.
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Manitoba (CDM).
- Bachelor’s degree in food and nutrition, dietetics or related area from an accredited Canadian university program or the approved equivalent accredited by Dietitians of Canada.
- Completion of an approved dietetic internship program.
- Experience in clinical nutrition processes including nutrition assessments, diet reviews and referrals, patient interviews and gathering patients relevant medical/surgery and social history/cognitive function history.
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to collaborate with team members and families.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to plan and deliver nutrition education and counselling to individuals or groups.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to foster positive work relationships in a team environment under minimal supervision.
- Experience in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of interpreting biochemical data, medical tests and procedures, relevant medications and anthropometric measurements such as weight, height, BMI ect.
- Knowledge of mental health illnesses.
- Member of Dietitians of Canada.
- Experience using Dietary Software.
The dietitians are responsible for the clinical nutrition care of patients in the Acquired Brain Injury, Acute, Rehabilitation, Forensic, and Geriatric Programs. The dietitians play a direct role in food service operations and are uniquely a member of both the Support Service and the Program teams.
Under the general direction of the Manager of Support Services, the incumbents are responsible for the nutritional assessment and care plan for approximately 250 patients as well as training related to dietary and food services for program and support service staff.
Advertisement # 39018
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source