Director, Application Development and Integration
IS6 Information Technologist 6
Department of Central Services
Business Transformation & Technology, Services Delivery/Application Development
Advertisement Number: 37303
Salary(s): IS6 $83,426.00 – $114,386.00 per year
Closing Date: April 25, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Are you an IT management professional looking for a challenge? The Director, Application Development and Integration provides direction for the government’s SAP program including system development, enhancements, and ongoing maintenance.
The Manitoba Government has one of the largest and most complex IT organizations in the province and we are looking for leaders with a passion for technology and customer service to help us on our innovation and operational excellence journey.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- A post-secondary degree in a technology and/or business discipline or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
- Experience in the following IT business management functions: Application Development, Enterprise Systems, Business Systems Analysis, and Project Delivery Management.
- Experience leading service planning and/or delivery teams, coaching and mentoring, and performance management of staff.
- Experience in vendor and contract management.
- Experience in financial management including business case development, cost estimation, and budget management.
- Experience designing and reporting against performance measures.
- Written communication skills.
- Interpersonal and verbal communication skills with and the ability to communicate effectively to different levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- Problem solving skills.
- Political and business acumen.
The Director, ICT Application Development & Integration Services is accountable for directing the planning, design, development, integration and delivery of new applications and major enhancements, primarily on SAP technologies, to meet the needs of departments based on established service level agreements (SLAs). This position is responsible for the portfolio of application development projects associated with the departmental requests. This position must ensure the projects manage their budget, scope, and schedule accurately. This position mentors staff to improve our process, procedures, and the understanding of those processes and procedures used in the development of solutions.
Advertisement # 37303
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source