Director, Business Support Services
XM2 Director, Business Support Services
Regular/full-time; Regular/part-time; Term positions greater than 6 months/part-time
Department of Education
Business Support Services, Planning & Transformation
Advertisement Number: 37549
Salary(s): XM2 $95,171.00 – $113,800.00 per year
Closing Date: May 14, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created to fill similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
The Department of Education is looking for a transformational leader to join our team during an exciting time for the department and for Manitoba’s K-12 education system. The Planning and Transformation Division is seeking a dynamic leader to fill the Director position of the Business Support Services Branch.
The Manitoba Government has a comprehensive benefit package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave, and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers).
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required
- Management experience with post-secondary degree in business, information technology, public administration, social sciences or related field.
- Experience providing leadership and direction in the design and implementation of technology projects and knowledge management policies and programs, including the development of business requirements, project management and project governance.
- Human resource management experience including such activities as recruitment, training, performance management and labour relation management.
- Proven strategic leadership skills, including the ability to create, support and sustain a diverse environment that enables staff to achieve results and fosters future development.
- Demonstrated change management skills, including the ability to leverage opportunities for innovation, find creative solutions to issues, successfully mange conflict and drive change.
- Effective written communication skills, including the ability to write politically sensitive and confidential materials for senior leaders, as well as public facing documents.
- Strong verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively deliver complex information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong political acumen demonstrated through experience providing strategic advice to senior leaders on complex topics and sensitive issues.
- Strong financial acumen, with experience financial management and budgeting.
- Experience in contract management and negotiations, including managing vendors and/or service providers with the ability to monitor and ensure compliance with service levels and contract obligations.
- Knowledge of and experience in information technology procurement management and policy.
- Experience translating strategy priorities into clear operational and business plan, including the ability to optimize strategic performance management and measurement systems (e.g. Key Performance Indicators, Balanced Scorecards etc.)
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate in French.
As a member of the divisional management team, the Director is responsible for the leadership of the Business Support Services Branch, which includes four service areas including both internal and external responsibilities. The Director provides advice to the Assistant Deputy Minister, Deputy Minister and Minister of Education. The Business Support Services Branch is responsible for a variety of central services for the department and the K-12 system, including business analysis and information technology, information and web services, translation and French-language services strategy, project management, contract management and procurement. The Director ensures adherence to central government policy and works collaboratively with central agencies in ensuring alignment across an extensive summary government environment. The Branch is responsible for the department’s adherence to Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy legislation, and leadership of the department’s business continuity planning. The Director leads highly visible and priority initiatives, often requiring collaboration with senior officials across government and Manitoba’s K-12 education system.
Advertisement # 37549
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source