Director, Formulary Management and Exception Drug Status
PC2 Pharmacist 2
Department of Health
Non-Insured Benefits, Insurance
Advertisement Number: 39651
Salary(s): PC2 $101,128.00 – $129,857.00 per year
Closing Date: December 4, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An Eligibility List may be created for similar positions and will remain valid until exhausted.
The Formulary Management and Exception Drug Status unit determines the array of drugs (formulary) eligible for reimbursement through the provincial Pharmacare program and administers the Exception Drug Status (EDS) program that approves access to drug therapy based on pre-established criteria and within Pharmacare plans and policies. The unit also serves as the primary source of information regarding pharmaceutical products and services in the Department of Health.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Eligible to be licensed to practice pharmacy in Manitoba
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Experience at senior management level with responsibility for operational and human resource management.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills to formulate recommendations to senior leaders.
- Experience in the planning, research, design, development and implementation of policies and programs involving complex and dynamic issues.
- Excellent political acumen to navigate sensitive and confidential issues with tact and discretion.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize evidence-based data, develop implementation and evaluation plans.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive working relationships and partnerships with diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written communication skills to prepare documents for executive decision-makers and various other audiences.
- Strong verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with various levels of internal and external audiences.
- Experience leading organizational change or continuous improvement strategies/initiatives.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of Manitoba drug formularies and the Drug Program Information Network (DPIN) systems.
- Experience in project management including risk management, resource allocation, and creating and managing project plans and reports.
- Understanding of the organization and administration of the Manitoba health care system.
The Director, Formulary Management and Exception Drug Status provides strategic, clinical and operational leadership for the Manitoba Pharmacare program and other provincial drug programs. This includes:
- Providing leadership to the staff within the unit
- Leading the implementation of new or limited coverage drug listings
- Leading the quality assurance framework for the program to ensure relevant listings remain current and cost-effective
- Overseeing the operations of the unit in adjudication of drug coverage requests
- Representing the Non-Insured Benefits branch on various working committees or working groups that inform drug listing or drug policy projects provincially and nationally
Advertisement # 39651
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source