This job opportunity is being advertised on behalf of the following organization and is not a Manitoba government civil service position.
Director, Media Relations & Issues Management
**This is NOT a civil service position**
SF3 Senior Officer 3
Manitoba Executive Council
Advertisement Number: 2105
Salary(s): SF3 $95,171.00 – $113,800.00 per year
Closing Date: August 3, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Cabinet Communications is seeking an experienced communications professional to fill the position of Director of Media Relations and Issues Management. The Director of Media Relations and Issues Management oversees the Media Relations Communications and Issues Management team in Executive Council. Employees in this area are technicial (political) appointments and are responsible for delivering media relations and issues management for ministers and departments on all facets of their mandates.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide a satisfactory criminal records check, child and adult abuse registry checks
- Must have a Class 5F Drivers licence
- Must have the ability to work outside normal business hours, as required
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years related experience
- Undergraduate degree in communications, journalism, political science, social science, or related discipline
- Experience in managing a communications team
- Previous media experience, a media background or previous media relations experience is essential.
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Exceptional verbal communication skills
- Experience preparing news releases, speeches, presentations, articles, and other messaging
- Ability to multitask, manage issued and sensitive information with flexibility
- Stron interpersonal skills with experience working on a Senior Management Team
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of government and the relationship with other levels of government
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership and direction to a team of professional media relations and issues management staff. In this role you will be accountable for effective operations of Communications by providing leadership in strategic planning, management, delivery and research for various ministerial portfolios.
Advertisement # 2105
Room 212 Legislative Building
Winnipeg , R3C 0V8
**Please Note: THIS IS NOT A CIVIL SERVICE POSITION**
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source