Director, Mining, Oil & Gas
XM2 Senior Manager 2
Agriculture and Resource Development
Mining, Oil & Gas , Production Stewardship
Advertisement Number: 37370
Salary(s): XM2 $95,171.00 – $113,800.00 per year
Closing Date: April 22, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Preference may be given to internal candidates.
The Mining, Oil & Gas Branch is part of the Production and Stewardship Division within the Department of Agriculture and Resource Development. The branch ensures the responsible development of Manitoba’s oil, gas and mineral resources. The Director leads the Branch delivery of services provided by the Manitoba Geological Survey, Tenure Services, and Regulatory Services.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle and the ability to travel within Manitoba, and travel overnight, as required
- Bachelor of Science in related field such as Engineering, Geoscience, Natural Resources, Business/Economics, or Masters in Public Administration or equivalent education and experience.
- Experience working in natural resource extraction industries such as mining and oil & gas, including up to date knowledge of technological developments in the Mining and Petroleum industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of land management and tenure systems.
- Proven ability as a leader with a commitment to create, support and sustain a diverse environment that enables staff to achieve results and to develop for the future.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage opportunities for innovation, find creative solutions to issues, and successfully manage change.
- Management experience with responsibility for human and financial resources.
- Experience translating strategic priorities into clear operational and business plans, and experience with strategic performance management and measurement systems (e.g. Key Performance Indicators, Balanced Scorecards).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience managing internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Political acumen demonstrated through experience providing strategic advice to senior leaders on complex topics and sensitive issues.
- Strong financial acumen with experience in budgeting and financial management.
- Experience providing leadership and direction in the design and implementation of legislation, policies and programs.
- Experience building relationships with Indigenous people and implementing the principles of reconciliation.
- Experience working with mineral resource inventories and public geoscience.
As a member of the department’s management team, the Director is responsible to lead and manage the Mining, Oil & Gas Branch, provide advice and support to the Assistant Deputy Minister and Deputy Minister.
Advertisement # 37370
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source