Director of Appeals
XO4 Administrative Officer 4
Automobile Injury Compensation Appeal Commission, Consumer Protection
Advertisement Number: 37029
Salary(s): XO4 $65,288.00 – $82,064.00 per year
Closing Date: March 7, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- An equivalent combination of education and experience as it relates to legal principles, case law and admissibility of evidence particularly as it relates to an administrative tribunal environment
- Experience in the management of a specialized program, policy/program planning, development and implementation
- Demonstrated knowledge of interpreting legislation
- An understanding of government practices which may include policy development, strategic planning, budgeting, program evaluation and reporting to senior management
- Ability to analyze complex medical and financial reports
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to resolve conflict, build relationships and interact effectively with internal and external clients
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to draft correspondence to internal and external stakeholders
- Superior verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and professionally with staff at all levels of government and a broad range of stakeholders demonstrating assertiveness, diplomacy and tact
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to independently manage complex caseloads to meet established deadlines
- Experience maintaining accounting records, reporting and budgeting
The Director of Appeals will be responsible for the full operation of branch administration. The Director’s responsibilities include policy and procedures development, legislative interpretation, strategic and operational planning, budgeting, preparation of statistical and budgetary reports, the supervision of staff and liaising with Chief Commissioner, Director of the Claimant Adviser Office, the Automobile Injury Mediation Office and Manitoba Public Insurance. The Director also performs the duties of an appeals officer depending on the complexity of the file and the volume of appeals.
Advertisement # 37029
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source