The Director of Development manages Square One’s fundraising strategy and activities including donor acquisition, donor stewardship and church relations, and to oversee all facets of operational, capital, and endowment fundraising.
»To develop, plan and execute a fundraising strategy for Square One World Media Inc. that includes such components as donor acquisition, targeted strategies for a young demographic, approach to businesses, and relationships with churches and with major donors.
»To oversee fundraising events, tours, conferences, etc. including developing and maintaining a budget, and executing details.
»To research and apply for foundation grants.
»To work in cooperation with the Marketing Coordinator to develop and execute marketing and communication materials, broadcast scripts, and other forms of donor communication.
»To develop and oversee donor recognition systems and practices.
»To maintain ongoing communication with supporting churches and to develop relationships with new churches.
»To coordinate The HIStory Endowment Project with an anticipated launch in 2022 in conjunction with the 75th anniversary, including meeting with donors, facilitating the gifts with Abundance Canada, overseeing the writing of the signers’ stories, and coordinating the details of the presentation book.
»To develop, plan and execute capital fundraising strategies including coordinating gift-in-kind contributions, researching funding resources through foundation and government grants, and administering the work of a Capital Campaign Committee,
»To serve as a member of the Leadership Team.
»To manage the work of the Fundraising Assistant and the Donor Relations Assistant.
»To work in cooperation with the Finance Assistant to oversee recording of donations.
»To work in cooperation with the Executive Administrative Assistant to oversee thank-you letters and other donor recognition.
»To become familiar with each of the projects undertaken by Square One World Media so that fundraising efforts are well-informed and there is a passion for the ministry.
• Must accept and embrace the vision and mission of Square One World Media Inc.
• Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
• Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques and strategies,
• Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
• Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
• Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
• Be organized and exhibit follow through on tasks and goals.
• Display a positive attitude, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
• A bachelor’s degree in related area and/or courses in non-profit fundraising.
• 3-5 years minimum experience in professional fundraising.
Please submit a cover letter and full resume to: email@example.com. Please note we will only contact potential candidates.
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source