MANITOBA MÉTIS FEDERATION
DIRECTOR OF HOUSING
September 13, 2022
The Manitoba Métis Federation (MMF) is the democratic Government of the Red River Métis – also known as the Manitoba Métis. The Red River Métis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time Director of Housing position within our Housing Department located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB.
• Oversee administrative, financial and program management of the Housing Department;
• Oversee and provide guidance to the Housing team;
• Create and oversee budgets, reports and ensure program reporting requirements for funding criteria are met;
• Provide recommendations, write reports on departmental activities and results including statistics on services and programs provided, financial status of programs, department goals and objectives;
• Maintain current issues, important priorities and create briefing notes on the departments progress;
• Conduct the development, implementation and strategic planning of the Housing Department;
• Perform a range of administrative tasks including researching and writing for the Department;
• Manage the financial and physical resources of the department and coordinate the development of plans to meet the changing needs of the Métis people and communities.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field of study;
• Previous experience in a leadership role with emphasis in current management, communications, marketing and human resources practices;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook;
• Demonstrated ability to prepare budgets, reports, proposals and read financial statements;
• Demonstrated ability to supervise and lead team;
• Strong organizational, financial, administrative, management, presentation and communication skills;
• Knowledge of local, federal and provincial housing resources;
• Experience working for a not-for-profit organization is an asset;
• Knowledge of Métis issues and socio-economic conditions affecting Métis people;
• Knowledge of Métis culture and MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and
• Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension, and vacation. Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Tuesday, September 27, 2022.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Métis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: email@example.com
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source