CLOSING DATE: Monday, May 24, 2021 @ 12:00 p.m.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Operations is responsible for the overall management of the Dakota Ojibway Tribal Council, ensuring that the organization is managed and performing efficiently and effectively. The individual is required to demonstrate strong leadership skills working closely with the Executive and other Senior Management.
• Plan and monitor day to day operations.
• Set strategic operational goals.
• Evaluate and monitor the efficiency of DOTC procedures.
• Build and maintain relationships with all Program Managers, external partners, and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals.
• Provide coordination, direction and management of Programs together with the Program Managers.
• Ensure that Program Managers provide the necessary follow-up on issues and status reports are provided on a timely basis.
• Work with Program Managers to ensure that budgets and work plans are developed and maintained in accordance with budget cycles and timeframes.
• Prepare complete, concise and proper briefing documents to the Chief Executive Officer for presentation to the Council of Chiefs.
• Ensure that direction provided by the Council of Chiefs and the Chief Executive Officer is followed up and completed within established timeframes.
• Provide for and establish a process to ensure that correspondence is followed-up and forwarded to the appropriate office for action.
• Provide for and establish a communication process with the Program Managers and the Chief Executive Officer, with respect to on-going developments and areas of concern.
QUALIFICATIONS: (including, but not limited to)
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a senior management role.
• Must have experience working in a First Nations’ organization.
• Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated leadership and team building ability.
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures.
• Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports.
• Ability to provide technical guidance and leadership to personnel.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Excellent analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Must adhere to deadlines and have the ability to handle sensitive material in a confidential and professional manner.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Valid Manitoba Driver’s License
• Access to a reliable vehicle
• Travel throughout region
Dakota Ojibway Tribal Council offers the following: to employees whom work a minimum 25 hours/week
• Benefit Program (Extended Health, Dental, Vision, LTD)
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employer Matched Pension Plan (eligible after three months of continuous employment)
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested applicants are invited to forward a resume and cover letter, including two (2) letters of reference
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source