Director of Projects Management
XM2 Senior Manager 2
Projects Management Branch, Infrastructure, Capital Projects Division
Advertisement Number: 37706
Salary(s): XM2 $95,171.00 – $113,800.00 per year
Closing Date: June 20, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
An eligibility list may be created and will remain in effect until exhausted.
A detailed position description is available upon request.
Note: Candidate must submit a cover letter and clearly indicate how they meet the full qualifications of the position.
The Projects Management branch is responsible for the successful and timely delivery of capital projects from project inception through contract closeout. This branch is responsible for the coordination/scheduling, administration, oversight and project management of the department’s capital program including the delivery of engineering design, construction management, right-of-way and financial management. Projects Management branch works in collaboration with branches and regions in both Infrastructure, Capital Projects and Technical Services and Operations Divisions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to travel overnight several times per year.
- Post-secondary education/degree in planning, engineering, business, public administration or a related field. A suitable combination of education, training and management experience may be considered.
- Extensive experience with contract administration, cost/cash-flow management, monitoring and control of project variables.
- Experience in providing strategic leadership in planning, organizing and managing construction project activities and empowering teams to work together towards achieving a common goal.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage opportunities for innovation, find creative solutions to issues, and successfully manage change.
- Management experience with responsibility for human and financial resources (including budget preparation, financial management and reporting).
- Experience translating strategic priorities into clear operational and business plans including strategic performance management and measurement systems at a senior level (e.g. Key Performance Indicators, Balanced Scorecards).
- Senior level experience on capital planning principles, inputs, processes and methodologies, preferably relating to linear infrastrucure in a public sector setting.
- Experience in the effective management of staff including the ability to lead a diverse engineering/technical staff workgroup.
- Excellent verbal communication skills; demonstrated fluency, clarity, organization of thought processes; expresses ideas effectively; listens to understand.
- Excellent written communication skills for preparing complex and significant advisory materials and submissions for a senior level audience.
- Political acumen demonstrated through experience providing strategic advice to executive and/or senior leaders on complex topics and sensitive issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Accreditation in Project Management (PMP designation, Prince2 foundation and practitioner certification) is an asset.
- Experience building relationships with Indigenous people and implementing the principles of reconciliation.
- Experience in linear infrastructure such as roads, highways, water related infrastructure and/or bridges is preferred.
As a member of the department’s management team, the Director is responsible to lead and manage the Projects Management branch, and provide advice and support to the Assistant Deputy Minister of infrastructure, Capital Projects.
Advertisement # 37706
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source