MANITOBA MÉTIS FEDERATION
DIRECTOR OF PROVINCIAL EDUCATION
August 25, 2022
The Manitoba Métis Federation (MMF) is the democratic Government of the Red River Métis – also known as the Manitoba Métis. The Red River Métis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time Director of Provincial Education position within our Provincial Education Department located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and to the Minister and Associate Minister of Provincial Education, the Director creates, plans, directs, coordinates, and oversees the Provincial Education Department to ensure that established goals and objectives are achieved.
• Administer a federal program and responsible for the overall management of funding agreements;
• Implement the department’s approved annual budget, and ensure overall fiscal sustainability;
• Overall administrative and program management for the department including supervision of departmental staff;
• Management of meetings between the Chief Operating Officer and the relevant Minister(s) including the production of regular briefing notes and departmental progress reports;
• Ensure consistent monitoring and timely and accurate reporting as per contract/contribution agreements;
• Implement and monitor consistent practices and procedures for office administration and records management;
• Direct and ensure proper coordination of all administrative and communication activities within and outside of the department;
• Development of a costed work plan that will be evaluated and adjusted yearly, and identify sustainability plans and potential funding sources for the department.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Educational Administration OR a combination of school or system level administrative experience OR be willing to pursue a Master’s degree in Business Administration or a related field of study;
• Previous experience in a leadership role with emphasis in current management and human resource practices, communications, and marketing;
• Demonstrated organizational, financial, and administrative management skills;
• Demonstrated ability to lead and supervise staff;
• Demonstrated ability to prepare budgets and read financial statements;
• Experience working with boards and/or committees is preferred;
• Experience working for a not-for-profit organization and Indigenous community is an asset;
• Knowledge of Métis culture, MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and,
• Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension, and vacation. Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Thursday, September 8, 2022.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Métis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source