Director of Regional Operations
EM2 Sr Engineering Manager 2
Capital Region, Technical Services & Operations
Advertisement Number: 38039
Salary(s): EM2 $102,982.00 – $123,086.00 per year
Closing Date: September 22, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Preference may be given to internal applicants of Manitoba Infrastructure. To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment.
Note: You are not required to submit a resume & cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be currently registered as a Professional Engineer with Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba or be eligible for registration within 3 months.
- Must have a Manitoba 5th Class Drivers Licence.
- Must be able to travel within the province by air or land.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering (or equivalent) with appropriate scope of practice in Civil/Transportation engineering.
- Proven ability as a leader with a commitment to create, support and sustain a diverse environment that enables staff to achieve results and to develop for the future.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage opportunities for innovation, find creative solutions to issues, and successfully manage change.
- Management experience with responsibility for human and financial resources.
- Experience translating strategic priorities into clear operational and business plans, and experience with strategic performance management and measurement systems (e.g. Key Performance Indicators, Balanced Scorecards).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience managing internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Political acumen demonstrated through experience providing strategic advice to senior leaders on complex topics and sensitive issues.
- Experience building relationships with Indigenous people and implementing the principles of reconciliation.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Regional Operations, the Director of Regional Operations (DRO) is the Senior Executive Management position accountable for the administration of all relevant transportation programs for one of three Regions in the Province of Manitoba, overseeing the four core functions for the Region (Technical Services, Construction, Maintenance and Administration/Finance) required to provide highway infrastructure stewardship and to successfully deliver the Capital Infrastructure Program, Highway Maintenance and Preservation Programs and other related highway infrastructure programs and functions. This position also provides corporate leadership to strategically plan and manage resources to deliver the above programs.
Advertisement # 38039
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form.
Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form.
The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment.
Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source