On behalf of our client, Health Sciences Centre Foundation we are searching for a Director of Special Initiatives to join their team in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
ABOUT HEALTH SCIENCES CENTRE FOUNDATION
Health Sciences Centre Winnipeg is a Shared Health Facility, and is Manitoba’s flagship hospital with specialized support for trauma, neurosurgery, burn, transplant, and psychiatric health.
The Health Sciences Centre Foundation (HSCF) rallies individual, corporate, and institutional donors in support of HSC Winnipeg – Manitoba’s hospital. By inspiring Manitobans to donate, the HSC Foundation enhances patient care and accelerates innovation at HSC through the acquisition of state-of-the-art technology, the development of new clinical spaces, and the promotion of groundbreaking research. Through specific, timely, and essential investments, the HSC Foundation helps to deliver tomorrow’s health care, today.
HSC Foundation donors improve the care and facilities at HSC for patients and their families from Manitoba and beyond.
HSC Foundation specializes in innovative health care. Since the organization’s inception in 1976, over 54,000 donors have provided over $192 million in heartfelt gifts to support compassionate patient care, innovative research, new clinical research facilities, cutting-edge technology, and training opportunities for their medical and scientific teams.
Thanks to remarkable support from the community, the Foundation has a tremendous impact on patient care in our province, and makes a profound difference in the lives of patients and families who visit HSC every day.
ABOUT THE DIRECTOR OF SPECIAL INITIATIVES
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, the Director of Special Initiatives is responsible for providing leadership, direction and day-to-day management of the HSC Foundation’s major community initiatives and campaigns.
The Director of Special Initiatives will:
- Provide overall direction, development and support of community initiatives
- Conduct all duties in a professional manner, recognizing the importance of maintaining the positive, high profile public image and reputation of HSC Foundation
- Act as the primary operational liaison on partnership programs
- Work with all the departments to ensure programs are strategically aligned with the Foundation, financially viable, aligned with policies and procedures and can deliver the best experience for supporters
- Perform other related projects/duties as required
KEY LEADERSHIP ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Oversee the direction, development, and project management of the lottery program
- Establish and maintain partnerships with community stakeholders, regulators and supporters
- Ensure appropriate applications and financial reports are prepared and filed with regulators
- Develop and cultivate supplier relationships and confirm operational agreements are in place to ensure the programs run smoothly and efficiently
- Prepare and manage the budgets for all programs
- Assist in securing prizing for the fundraising programs
- Ensure partners/sponsors are represented appropriately in marketing campaigns and arrange the terms of engagement for spokespeople
- Ensure all program messages and marketing strategies are in line with the vision of HSC Foundation
- Provide regular program updates to management
- Work with the volunteer committee as the primary contact
- Develop, implement and monitor systems, policies, procedures necessary for the effective operation of all programs
- Provide leadership to a team of support staff
- Provide support to Special Projects as required
ABOUT THE EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
A post secondary degree in finance or business complemented by 5 years of project management experience. A Project Management Professional certification is an asset. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Strong proven leadership experience with the ability to supervise and mentor staff, engage staff members and inspire credibility, confidence and build consensus
- Strong project management experience with the ability to develop, monitor and evaluate multiple projects with multiple deliverables and deadlines
- Experience with raffles or lotteries would be an asset
- Ability to plan, organize and lead the implementation of plans and processes
- Strong interpersonal skills and the proven ability to provide leadership to a team and to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task under tight timelines
- High comfort and tolerance to manage stress and role demands
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated capacity to think strategically with expertise in complex problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills and display good judgment
- Effective at proactively assessing and resolving conflicts
- Proficiency with computerized financial systems, contact management systems and data bases are an asset
We ask that individuals with an interest in further exploring this exciting opportunity contact:
Lillian Wong, Senior Manager, Executive Recruitment
View original article here Source