Director, Office of Drinking Water
XM2 Director, Office of Drinking Water
Department of Conservation and Climate
Office of Drinking Water, Environmental Stewardship
Advertisement Number: 37949
Salary(s): XM2 $95,171.00 – $113,800.00 per year
Closing Date: August 6, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Manitoba Conservation and Climate is looking for an enthusiastic, energetic and motivated individual interested in filling the role of Director, Office of Drinking Water. The Manitoba government has a comprehensive benefits package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance and defined pension plan.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Education/Degree in Sciences, Public Policy or Business Adminstration or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in providing senior level leadership in the design and implementation of legislation, policies and programs, including their development and dissolution.
- Ability to strategically manage and synthesize multi-dimensional issues, adapt to changing priorities, and operate successfully in a deadline-driven environment.
- Effective verbal communication skills with an ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex information to all levels of the organization and to external stakeholders and the public.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning at a senior level.
- Strong strategic leadership skills with experience in coaching, managing employee performance, and in fostering diversity, collaboration and engagement across cross-functional teams.
- Experience translating strategic priorities into clear operational and business plans and delivering results.
- Effective research and analytical skills with experience providing strategic advice to senior officials on highly confidential, complex and sensitive issues.
- Effective written communication skills, including the ability to write politically sensitive and confidential materials for senior leaders and public facing documents.
- Demonstrated ability in budget preparation, financial management and reporting.
- Strong political acumen skills with the ability to utilize influence, networks, and complex information to anticipate impact of decisions, solve problems, and advance opportunities.
- Knowledge of Manitoba government’s Drinking Water Safety Act and Regulations.
Reporting to the Assistant Deputy Minister of Environmental Stewardship, the Director is responsible to lead and manage the Office of Drinking Water, and provide advice and support to the Assistant Deputy Minister and Deputy Minister. This position is responsible and accountable for directing, organizing, administering, managing, and supervising the staff for services and programs delivered through district and regional offices throughout Manitoba. This includes the preparation of operating budgets, work plans, business and strategic plans and program priorities for the branch unit to ensure that expenditures are maintained and services and programs are delivered at the community level to meet prescribed government and department policies, priorities and objectives within authorized funding levels.
Safe drinking water is critically important for communities across Manitoba. The Office of Drinking Water ensures safe drinking water from source to tap which contributes to the quality of life for all Manitobans. As a regulator, the Office works across government particularly with municipalities, Indigenous and Northern relations’ communities, Public Health and Health Canada, and with the public and stakeholders to educate and ensure compliance with legislation and to advance all opportunities to increase access to safe drinking water. It is responsible for regulating approximately a thousand drinking water systems across Manitoba and works with all government departments and various external stakeholders to advance the efforts of ongoing advancements, evidence based analysis and continued safe drinking water throughout Manitoba.
Advertisement # 37949
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source