P10 Professional Officer 10
Communication Services Manitoba
Advertisement Number: 37136
Salary(s): P10 $82,480.00 – $101,998.00 per year
Closing Date: February 15, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions in Winnipeg and other locations across Manitoba and may remain in effect for 12 months. This competition may be used to appoint successful candidate(s) to current and future regular, term or acting status appointments subject to staffing approval.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
A position description may be available upon request.
Communications Services Manitoba is the central government division dedicated to engaging Manitobans in the work of government, by delivering the message of government policy and programs to staff, the media and the public in dynamic, effective ways; advancing openness and transparency across government; and increasing engagement and participation in the decision-making process.
As a member of the department’s management team, the Director is responsible to lead and manage the Operations Branch, providing effective operational support to the Clerk of Executive Council, Premier’s Office, Deputy Ministers, and the Assistant Deputy Minister of the division.
The Branch is accountable for access to information, contact centre operations, web and digital communications operations, procurement and administration of communications and engagement services for all government departments.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to work standby and/or on call for evenings and weekends, on occasion.
- Must be able to travel across the Province, including overnight stays on occasion.
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Public Administration or Political Science, and/or an equivalent combination of related education, training, and experience may be considered.
- Management experience in a communications, public engagement and/or open government environment.
- Strong financial acumen with experience in budgeting and financial management.
- Experience managing multiple communications projects and events, with the ability to manage multiple tasks, adapt to changing priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to establish, engage and maintain strong relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong consultative and leadership skills with the ability to lead a team with commitment to create, support and sustain a diverse environment.
- Political acumen in working with confidential and sensitive matters, with the ability to provide strategic advice to senior leadership.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe products.
Reporting to the Assistant Deputy Minister, the Director is accountable for building a respectful workplace culture that promotes diversity, learning and continuous improvement, directly manages a team of staff to achieve operational and policy objectives, and allocates work, supports staff development, and monitors performance.
The Director is also responsible for ensuring effective engagement operations including the Manitoba Government Inquiry contact centre, Manitoba.ca web operations, creative and A/V services, the publication of the Manitoba Gazette, media buying, production, accounting and administration. The Director supports Deputy Ministers and the division’s Assistant Deputy Minister by providing strategic options, comprehensive policy advice and recommendations using internal and external expertise.
Advertisement # 37136
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source