Director, Planning and Knowledge Management
P10 Professional Officer 10
Department of Health and Seniors Care
Planning and Knowledge Management, Policy and Accountability
Advertisement Number: 37735
Salary(s): P10 $82,480.00 – $101,998.00 per year
Closing Date: September 4, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
The Department of Health and Seniors Care, Policy and Accountability Division, is looking for a Director, Planning and Knowledge Management. The Planning and Knowledge Management branch is responsible for leading the planning and integration of the department and provincial health systems, ensuring they align with the government’s overall goals, mission, and vision. The branch also meets its objectives by gathering and preparing key information on current and emerging health issues and best practices, in order to provide advice and recommendations to key stakeholders.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Undergraduate degree in public administration, business administration, health or social sciences. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Extensive management experience with the ability to build team engagement, trust and accountability
- Excellent political acumen.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Experience preparing budgets and monitoring expenditures
- Experience leading organizational change or continuous improvement strategies/initiatives
- Experience synthesizing information, developing strategies from key messages/issues, and making recommendations.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint.)Experience with comparable alternative software programs may be considered.
- Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, or Health and Social Sciences.
- Previous experience in a government environment.
- Understanding of the organization and administration of the Manitoba health care system.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director, Planning and Knowledge Management, is responsible for the day to day operations and material decisions of the branch. This includes developing and leading a team of professionals in a positive and collaborative work environment, managing the creation and review of program and system proposals, coordinating and overseeing work projects, allocating and managing required resources, and drafting and monitoring budgets.
Advertisement # 37735
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source