Director, Taxation Analysis Branch
XM3 Senior Manager 3
Taxation Analysis Branch, Finance Policy and Legislation
Advertisement Number: 38085
Salary(s): XM3 $98,670.00 – $117,866.00 per year
Closing Date: September 8, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be willing and able to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends, as required.
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- Must have the ability to travel within Canada (including by air).
- Post-secondary education in economics, accounting, business and/or law. A suitable combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience in policy, including quantitative and qualitative research, analysis, and implementation of decisions.
- Experience preparing revenue, tax or fiscal estimates and forecasts. A suitable combination of budgeting and reporting experience may be considered.
- Experience in a management role, preferably supervising staff, with responsibility for major projects.
- Ability to focus on strategy, delegate work, and galvanize teams around multiple complex and ambiguous projects.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills that require independent judgement and discretion.
- Demonstrated political acumen, including ability to use empathy and manage priorities as well as handle sensitive material.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, managing multiple priorities and meeting strict deadlines.
- Ability to verbally communicate complex ideas in clear, plain language.
- Knowledge of Manitoba government, especially the budgeting process.
- Demonstrated commitment to lifelong learning, diversity, innovation and improvement
A proactive and energetic member of the department’s management team, the Director is responsible to lead and manage the Taxation Analysis Branch and provide advice and support to the Minister, Deputy Minister, and Assistant Deputy Minister, as well as senior leadership of other departments and Government.
The Taxation Analysis Branch staff are tax experts responsible for high quality tax policy research, analysis and advice to the Manitoba Government. The Branch also develops and implements tax measures and forecasts tax measures and tax credits.
Advertisement # 38085
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source