CL3 District Clerk
Up to December 2021
Agriculture and Resource Development
Advertisement Number: 36987
Salary(s): CL3 $1,579.78 – $1,812.50 bi-weekly
Closing Date: March 8, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions within the Central Region and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Conservation and Climate is seeking a qualified individual to fill the District Clerk position within the Selkirk District Office on a term basis.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a valid full stage Manitoba Class 5 driver’s license.
- Experience providing clerical and administrative support.
- Experience processing accounts payables.
- Experience maintaining financial reports, ledgers and accounting spreadsheets; and preparing cash flows.
- Experience preparing and entering payroll and timekeeping documentation.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with the staff and public.
- Experience handling and reconciling cash transactions.
- Experience using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel and Outlook) or similar software applications.
- Effective written communication skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience handling sensitive material in a confidential and professional manner.
- Experience using SAP or other equivalent automated payroll/accounting system.
Under the direction and accountable to the District Supervisor, the incumbent will be responsible for all clerical, administrative, SAP and accounts payable functions within the Selkirk District Office.
Advertisement # 36987
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source