CL3 District Clerk
Department of Conservation and Climate
Resource Enforcement, Parks & Resource Protection
Advertisement Number: 36785
Salary(s): CL3 $41,212.00 – $47,283.00 per year
Closing Date: November 30, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Conservation and Climate is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of a Part-time District Clerk in the Steinbach District Office.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Experience providing administrative and clerical support
- Experience processing accounts payable
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel and Outlook) or equivalent software applications
- Experience handling and reconciling revenue remittances including safe-keeping of cash accounts
- Experience with cashflows, inlcuding maintaining finanical reports and ledgers and monthly balancing of finanical accounts
- Ability to maintain accuracy and pay attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with staff and the general public
- Strong organizational and time management skills including the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Experience preparing and entering payroll and timekeeping documents
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience handling sensitive material in a confidential and professional manner
- Experience using SAP or any other automated payroll/accounting system
Under the supervision of the Area Fire Manager, the District Clerk provides accounting and administrative support for the Marchand Fire Area, which includes the Fire Bases at Marchand, Piney, and the Sprague and Steinbach district offices. Duties include processing, tracking and payment of accounts. The incumbent is responsible for the preparation/maintenance and archiving of financial commit/expenditures, including the weekly roll-up of the fire account and quarterly cash flows of all support accounts. The incumbent is also responsible for timekeeping and payroll documents for Seasonal Departmental staff, Green Team staff, and Civil Servants. The District Clerk maintains district personnel files, including recruitment documents. The incumbent provides receptionist duties at the Steinbach office to ensure front counter coverage.
Advertisement # 36785
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source