This job opportunity is being advertised on behalf of the following organization and is not a Manitoba government civil service position.
HD4 District Manager
Department of Families
Property Services, Manitoba Housing and Renewal Corporation
Advertisement Number: 407
Salary(s): HD4 $65,931.00 – $80,513.00 per year
Closing Date: May 27, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
An eligibility list may be created for similar Winnipeg and rural positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
If you are looking for interesting and challenging work, this is a great opportunity to join our team. One of our roles is to promote community development and create opportunities for people to engage in activities that promote well-being and social inclusion where they live. Housing is integral to this process and we strive to safeguard an adequate supply of safe and affordable housing in communities across Manitoba, particularly for those of low and moderate income or those with specialized needs. It is also our role to sustain and improve the condition of existing social housing. For more information, we encourage you to visit our website at: https://www.gov.mb.ca/housing/index.html.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide a current satisfactory Criminal Record Check with a vulnerable sector search
- Must provide a current and satisfactory child abuse registry check
- Must provide a current and satisfactory adult abuse registry check
- A valid Class 5F Manitoba Drivers’ License and the ability to provide your own transportation and travel within Manitoba
- Experience leading a large multifaceted team demonstrated through fostering and developing teams, effective coaching and mentoring, setting performance and developmental goals, performance and attendance management and providing balanced feedback
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including expertise with political acumen, the ability to establish trust, develop and maintain positive working relationships with diverse internal and external stakeholders
- Superior conflict resolutions skills and ability to effectively address sensitive and difficult matters in a timely manner while ensuring a positive work environment
- Experience with property management, facility maintenance or construction practices
- Experience with strategic planning including establishing priorities, implementing operational plans and change management
- Experience managing a large budget including estimates, forecasting and reporting on variances
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated written communication skills including the ability to draft correspondence for politically sensitive matters
- Excellent verbal communications skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and external stakeholders
Reporting to the Senior Regional Director, the District Manager is accountable for providing leadership inlcuding supervision, direction, and support to staff. This position is responsible for the overall delivery and administration of the property management functions within an assigned District of the Social Housing Direct Managed portfolio, while ensuring that Manitoba Housing’s policies, procedures, and guidelines are being followed.
Advertisement # 407
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source