NN1 Nurse 1
Department of Families
Manitoba Developmental Centre, Community Service Delivery
Portage la Prairie MB
Advertisement Number: 36958
Salary(s): NN1 $71,873.00 – $84,743.00 per year Plus Qualification Pay, if applicable.
Closing Date: July 9, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
This competition will be used to establish an eligibility list to fill current and future regular/full-time, regular/part-time and casual Duty Nurse positions at MDC, subject to staffing approval. This eligibility list will remain in effect for 12 months.
Graduates able to obtain licensure, and candidates expected to graduate and obtain licensure within 3 months of application, are encouraged to apply however will be compensated at the Nurse Graduate level until fully licensed as a Practicing Nurse.
This opportunity will be open until filled.
Manitoba Developmental Centre (MDC), located 45 minutes west of Winnipeg in the City of Portage la Prairie, is an accredited residential care facility providing care, supervision and developmental programs for adults with an intellectual disability. If you are looking for a rewarding and exciting career, this is a great opportunity to join our team.
The Manitoba government has a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers). Training and career development opportunities are also available for employees.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be actively registered, in good standing, (or be eligible to obtain registration) with the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of Manitoba (CRPNM) or the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM). Graduates able to obtain licensure will be considered on an under fill basis
- Must be able to work all shifts (inclusive of days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays)
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Must be physically able to perform the tasks of the position including bending, lifting, moving, transferring residents, loads up to 14 kg (30 lbs) and being on your feet for extended periods of time
- Experience providing direct resident care
- Experience accurately recording and reporting health record information (i.e.: charting, clinical notes, etc.)
- Experience performing nursing assessments and clinical nursing interventions
- Ability to exercise good judgment in response to emergencies and challenging incidents
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Experience developing, implementing, and evaluating individual care plans
- Ability to work independently
- Effective time management and organizational skills to meet the demands of the position
- Ability to work as a member of the Health Care Team, fostering a collaborative interdisciplinary environment that supports quality services, quality improvement and staff empowerment
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Experience and/or knowledge of working with adults with intellectual disabilities and/or dual diagnosis
- Experience leading or supervising a team
The Duty Nurse works within an interdisciplinary team service model and applies the professional nursing process to deliver clinical nursing care interventions, including both mental health status and physical assessments, to adults with an intellectual disability who often have dual diagnoses. The incumbent may be required to support persons with acute, complex or high risk behavioural and/or mental health needs. The incumbent functions under The Registered Psychiatric Nurses Act and/or The Registered Nurses Act in accordance with the framework of the applicable College competencies (CRPNM and/or CRNM).
As a nursing professional, the incumbent works on a shift basis and provides leadership, supervision and feedback to Psychiatric Nursing Assistants and other support staff. The incumbent may assume supervisory responsibilities of a residential area in the absence of the Residential Coordinator and, in the absence of a Night Charge Nurse, the Duty Nurse may be required to assume centre-wide “on-site” supervisory responsibilities.
Advertisement # 36958
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source