LS2 LS2 Educational Assistant 2
Department of Education
Manitoba School for the Deaf, K-12 Education Division
Advertisement Number: 36628
Salary(s): LS2 $23.32 – $27.67 per hour
Closing Date: October 25, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions in Winnipeg and other locations across Manitoba and may remain in effect for 12 months. This competition may be used to appoint successful candidate(s) to current and future regular, term or acting status appointments subject to staffing approval.
Manitoba School for the Deaf is currently seeking to fill multiple casual positions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.
- Training related to Deaf and Hard of Hearing children, suitable combinations of training and experience will be considered.
- Experience working with children who have additional needs such as emotional/behavioural challenges, medical conditions, and/or syndromes.
- Ability to follow and implement goals established by teachers and clinicians.
- Ability to implement behaviour strategies to support violent and difficult behaviours.
- Ability to handle sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment and develop strong working relationships with colleagues and students.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluency in American Sign Language (ASL).
- Knowledge of Deaf culture.
The Educational Assistant position works under the direction of the Teacher and the Educational Supervisor with Deaf or Hard of Hearing students who have emotional/behavioural problems with the objective of meeting their academic and specialized programming goals. A detailed position description is available upon request.
Advertisement # 36628
CSC Executive Jobs
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source