Mennonite Collegiate Institute invites applications for the position of Educational Assistant for the 2022-2023 school year. This role can be part-time or full-time, depending on the interests and strengths of applicants.
• Assist students with academic work appropriate to their individual needs.
• Help students with behavioural strategies.
• Reinforce directives and expectations introduced by teachers and provide feedback.
• Work under supervision of Teaching Principal or Resource Teacher.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Enthusiasm for learning.
• Respectful and positive attitude.
• Demonstrate patience, flexibility and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to use computer and various software programs.
• Willing and able to work as part of a team.
The successful candidate will possess an active Christian faith & declare support for the Confession of Faith in a Mennonite Perspective. Criminal Records and Child Abuse Registry checks are required.
MCI, located in Gretna MB, is a provincially accredited independent Anabaptist Christian school (Gr. 9-12). MCI emphasizes a strong academic program leading toward post-secondary studies. We excel in the fine arts and encourage broad participation in athletics. We are home to a thriving boarding program. Our mission is to educate young people in an Anabaptist-Christian context, seeking to develop each student’s God-given potential, providing a practice ground for maturing faith in Jesus Christ, in thought, love and action. Our staff team is pivotal in achieving our mission.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and brief statement of faith to:
Jennifer Klippenstein, Teaching Principal
Mennonite Collegiate Institute
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source