Electrician – ***Open Until Filled***
MM3 Maintenance Tradesperson 3
Department of Labour, Consumer Protection and Government Services
Operations, District 4, Asset Management
Advertisement Number: 38852
Salary(s): MM3 $60,000.00 – $71,103.00 per year
Closing Date: April 30, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
This advertisement will remain open until the position is filled and applications will be reviewed periodically.
The Manitoba government is seeking a highly motivated Electrician to work in Thompson. This position offers reliable and full time employment with a defined pension plan. The Manitoba government also provides an excellent benefits package which includes extended health, health spending, dental, vision, long term disability, supportive employment, sick leave, paid vacation and maternity/parental leave. The department provides ongoing professional and educational development for its employees. Please visit https://thompson.ca/ to learn more about Thompson, Manitoba before applying. To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess a valid Interprovincial Class H Journeyperson Electrician license.
- Must have a valid Class 5 Drivers License and be capable of travel with overnight stays within the District as needed.
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of the position, including sitting, lifting, reaching, working at heights and in confined spaces.
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- Experience operating and maintaining electrical systems in a large commercial, industrial and/or institutional facility.
- Experience working with electrical legislated codes and regulations.
- Knowledge of WHMIS, Workplace Safety and Health Act, and safe work procedures.
- Ability to plan and make effective work-related decisions.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with contractors, clients, and the general public.
- Written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Building Automated Systems, including DDC or related systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
The Electrician is responsible to maintain, repair and install electrical equipment and related systems at different facilities within the District. The Electrician’s primary responsibilities include maintenance of electrical equipment and systems, repair and installation of electrical equipment and systems, maintenance of life safety equipment, consultation and direction on electrical work being performed by outside contractors, and participating in safety training and meetings.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Advertisement # 38852
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source