MM3 Maintenance Tradesperson 3
Department of Central Services
Operations, District 1 & 4, Asset Management – Central Capital
The Pas MB, Winnipeg MB
Advertisement Number: 37145
Salary(s): MM3 $60,000.00 – $71,103.00 per year
Closing Date: March 9, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
The Manitoba government is seeking highly motivated Electricians to work with the District Trades Pool in Winnipeg, MB and at the University College of the North in The Pas, MB. The positions offer reliable and full time employment with a defined pension plan. The Manitoba government also provides an excellent benefits package, which includes extended health, health spending, dental, vision, long-term disability, supportive employment, sick leave, paid vacation and maternity/parental leave. Manitoba Finance provides ongoing professional and educational development for its employees.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess a Red Seal journeyperson electrician’s licence
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check
- Must have a valid Class 5 Drivers Licence and be capable of travel within the District
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of the position, including sitting, lifting, reaching, working at heights and in confined spaces
- Red Seal journeyperson Electrician’s licence.
- Experience operating and performing preventative maintenance on electrical and related systems in a large commercial, industrial and/or institutional facility.
- Experience working with electrical legislated codes and regulations.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Knowledge of safe work practices, procedures and relevant safety policies and legislation.
- Knowledge of Building Automated Systems, including DDC or related systems.
- Ability to plan and make effective work-related decisions.
- Organizational skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with contractors, clients, and the general public.
- Written communication skills.
The Electrician is responsible to maintain, repair and install electrical equipment and related systems at the facility as well as other owned facilities within the District. The Electrician’s primary responsibilities include maintenance of electrical equipment and systems, repair and installation of electrical equipment and systems, maintenance of life safety equipment, consultation and direction on electrical work being performed by outside contractors, and participating in safety training and meetings.
Advertisement # 37145
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source