IMS Inspector, Mechanical Codes and Standards
Community Planning, Permitting & Development.
Advertisement Number: 37507
Salary(s): IMS $63,715.00 – $81,204.00 per year
Closing Date: July 30, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Community Planning & Development branch of Municipal Relations is looking for Elevator Inspectors to join its team.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Hold a valid Elevator Mechanic certificate or an Electrical HC or HI licence from the Province of Manitoba. Candidates with equivalent licence from another jurisdiction may be considered subject to evaluation of their credentials by the Inspection and Technical Services (ITS)
- Licensed as a Limited Specialized Trade Electrician (M Licence) with the Province of Manitoba. Candidates with equivalent licence from another jurisdiction may be considered subject to evaluation of their credentials by the Inspection and Technical Services (ITS)
- Hold and maintain a clear criminal records and child abuse registry check
- Hold and maintain valid class 5 Drivers Licence
- Able to work in confined spaces, at heights and within a variance of ambient temperatures and physically capable to perform assigned duties
- Extensive experience in the operation, installation, service, maintenance and/or inspection of elevator and/or elevating devices
- Knowledge of the Acts,regulations, codes and standards to be enforced: Department of Labour Act; Elevator Act; Electricians Licence Act; Amusement Act – Part 2
- Experience with effective inspection techniques and procedures
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, exercising sound judgement
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suites such as Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience with investigations
The Elevator Inspector is responsible for exercising authority to ensure compliance with requirements specified by the applicable legislation. The incumbent will carry out visual and physical inspections of elevators, amusement rides and ski hills in conformance with codes and standards prescribed by the applicable legislation.
Advertisement # 37507
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source