Employee and Family Assistance Counsellor
P7 Professional Officer 7
Manitoba Civil Service Commission
Employee and Family Assistance Program, Human Resource Operations
Advertisement Number: 37662
Salary(s): P7 $70,584.00 – $85,979.00 per year
Closing Date: September 20, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
The Civil Service Commission’s vision is to promote a highly effective, professionally competent, respectful, responsive and relevant civil service that reflects the diversity of the Province and thereby contributes to the quality of life in Manitoba. The Civil Service Commission provides a wide range of human resource services including policy and program development, training and development, recruitment and selection, labour and employee relations, classification and compensation, strategic planning and supportive employment which includes disability management and accommodations. The Civil Service provides service to clients in various locations including Winnipeg, Brandon, Dauphin, Selkirk, Portage la Prairie, Steinbach and Thompson. This environment offers a great opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in a wide range of human resource services, contribute to the success of services to the public and advance the Manitoba Public Service Transformation Strategy.
The Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) is a voluntary, confidential, short term counselling service. The purpose of this program is to help employees and their families with problems that have an impact on their home or work life.
The Manitoba government has a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity and parental leave, family related leave and a defined pension plan. Training and career development opportunities are also available for employees.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an APPLICATION FORM along with a copy of your cover letter and resume. See below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Enhanced Security Check
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Masters degree in Social Work, counselling or clinical psychology or equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered
- Extensive counselling and case management experience in the social services field providing a full range of direct services to clients including: interviewing, performing assessments, treatment planning, interventions, short term therapy and counselling, providing referrals and follow-up, in person, by phone or through video sessions
- Experience creating evidence based treatment and interventions plans related to a variety of issues such as workplace conflict, substance abuse, interpersonal conflict, trauma, crisis, personal tragedy, individual, family and couples relationships
- Knowledge of mediation processes to assist with resolving workplace conflicts affecting individuals ability to perform their duties or which negatively impact the work environment
- Ability to work co-operatively and constructively as part of a team
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills including ability to take clinical case notes
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information consistent with privacy legislation
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to interact effectively with staff at all levels of government and the general public
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to make sound decisions
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize a high volume of work
- Ability to work under pressure and to manage stress effectively while working in a high volume, high stress work environment
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in French
- Knowledge of Indigenous culture and history
To Apply for the Position:
Click here to access the application form. To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form and a copy of your cover letter and resume. Complete the application form at the link above or contact Human Resource Services under the “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form.
The selection board will rely only on information provided in this application form and your cover letter and resume to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Note: References or other documentation may be requested at a later point if invited for further consideration.
The position performs short term individual, couple or family counselling services, advocacy and support for employees in addressing issues affecting their work, and assessment and referrals to other specialized community resources as required.
Advertisement # 37662
Human Resource Services
935-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source