XO3 Administrative Officer 3
Department of Labour, Consumer Protection and Government Services
Employment Standards Branch, Labour
Advertisement Number: 39183
Salary(s): XO3 $57,344.00 – $71,586.00 per year
Closing Date: May 29, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
A detailed position description is available upon request.
The Employer Advisor Office (EAO) is a program under the Employment Standards Branch of the Department of Labour, Consumer Protection and Government Services. Independent of the Workers Compensation Board (WCB), the EAO is a resource for employers in Manitoba, providing complimentary advice and assistance to employers, potential employers and employer associations concerning workers compensation issues.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form and resume. See below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Post-secondary education in the areas of social sciences, humanities, labour studies or a related discipline. An equivalent combination of related education, training and experience may be considered
- Experience analyzing and assessing large amounts of technical written material, such as correspondence, reports, opinions and statements
- Experience interpreting and applying Acts, legislations and/or policies
- Effective written communication skills with the ability to prepare and deliver technical information in a clear and concise manner for a variety of audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills including experience in handling sensitive, highly-charged situations with tact and empathy
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to prepare and deliver presentation materials for educational and informational purposes
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple cases with competing deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
The Employer Advisor is responsible in assisting Manitoba employers on matters concerning The Workers Compensation Act and Regulations through communication, consultation, education and through the provision of advice and assistance on issues before the Workers Compensation Board, and in particular, claims going through the appeal process.
Advertisement # 39183
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form and resume. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source