Employment Standards Officer (3 positions)
EP2 Employment Standards Officer 2
Department of Labour, Consumer Protection and Government Services
Employment Standards, Labour
Advertisement Number: 39145
Salary(s): EP2 $52,957.00 – $67,350.00 per year
Closing Date: May 22, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
A detailed position description available upon request.
The Employment Standards Branch provides the public with information regarding Employment Standards issues such as unpaid wages, vacation wages and termination of employment. Officers investigate complaints filed by employees about possible non-compliance with the Employment Standards Code.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form and resume. See below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to travel throughout the province, with occasional overnight stays.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Post-secondary education in labour studies, human resources, conflict resolution, or criminal justice. Suitable combination of related education and experience may be considered
- Experience working in a customer service environment
- Experience in conflict and/or dispute resolution
- Experience interpreting and explaining legislation and/or policies and procedures
- Experience planning and performing investigations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to extract, analyze, and evaluate information impartially
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal communication skills in French is an asset
- Strong written communication skills in French is an asset
Reporting to the Manager of Client Services, the position will investigate claims involving employers and employees from across the province. The work involves review of records, documents, and payroll information to make impartial legal determinations to ensure compliance with Employment Standards legislation. The position also provides education, interpretation and advice to employers, employees, and the general public regarding labour legislation both in person and over the telephone.
Advertisement # 39145
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form and resume. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source