ME2 Equipment Mechanic
Department of Conservation and Climate
Northern Park Region, Parks and Resource Protection Division Clearwater Lake Provincial Park
The Pas MB
Advertisement Number: 37434
Salary(s): ME2 $52,508.00 – $61,774.00 per year
Closing Date: May 10, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Manitoba Conservation and Climate is looking to hire a Mechanic 2 (ME2) located at Clearwater Lake Provincial Park which is located approximately 16 km North of The Pas, MB. The Pas is located approximately 624 km Northwest of Winnipeg.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a valid full stage Class 3 Manitoba Drivers licence with air endorsement.
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of the position which may include: occasional lifting up to 50 pounds, bending, reaching, standing for long periods of time and working outdoors for extended periods of time under various weather conditions.
- Must be willing and able to work extended hours and/or be called out on evenings, weekends and statutory holidays as well as, work in other outlying areas in the region.
- Must be able to travel occasionally with overnight stays.
- Must possess an Interprovincial Journeyperson Heavy Duty Mechanic Licence.
- Experience in the service and maintenance of heavy duty equipment (graders, loaders, tandems, etc) and components including diesel and gas engines.
- Experience in the repair and overhaul of heavy duty equipment (graders, loaders, tandems, etc) and components including diesel and gas engines.
- Experience in the diagnosis of mechanical and electrical problems, including the use of diagnostic software.
- Experience in welding repairs and fabrication of mechanical parts.
- Experience in cost estimates and ordering supplies and material.
- Ability to work independently with organizational and time management skills.
- Experience in record keeping and inventory control.
- Working knowledge of Workplace Safety and Health procedures and practices.
- Good verbal communication skills.
Working with minimal assistance and under limited supervision, this position reports to the Park Foreman or designate. The Equipment Mechanic is responsible for the service, preventative maintenance, repair and overhaul of mechanical equipment within Clearwater Lake Provincial Park.
Advertisement # 37434
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source