The Estimating and Planning Coordinator role is responsible for processing quotation requests and pricing exercises and provides a price quotation based on the current production standards, hourly rates and material prices. He/she is also responsible to plan the manufacturing of packaging projects. He/she plans jobs for production to ensure efficient production at a minimum cost, consistent with quality and delivery requirements. He/she also ensures that the individual raw materials needed for the book are reserved if in stock and ordered if not already in stock. In addition to meeting the expectations of the Estimating and Planning role, the Coordinator’s role is to ensure prioritization of the department’s overall workload and to assist in training, development and continuous improvement of the department.
The successful candidate will work 8:00 A.M. – 4:30 P.M. Monday – Friday.
Friesens offers a Comprehensive Benefits Package, Employee Ownership and Profit Sharing.
– High School Diploma, GED, Mature Student Diploma;
– Post-secondary education in business or finance preferred;
– Minimum 2 years of experience in an administrative role;
– Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy;
– High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability;
– Strong work ethic and positive team attitude;
– Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills;
– Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor;
– Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing in English;
– Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills;
– Aptitude for computer technology and a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel;
– Experience in print industry an asset.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
– Lead, coach and develop skills of Packaging Estimators and Planners;
– Complete complex quotes in the assigned territories in a timely fashion, efficiently and accurately;
– To analyze quotation requests of high complexity, to judge compatibility with production equipment, and to determine the most economical method of manufacture;
– To calculate price of printing jobs based on specific job procedures and material prices;
– To compose quotation letters with specific details so that customers know what is included in the price and what is expected of them;
– To advise Project Specialists, Sales Staff, and Management of manufacturing procedures for specific jobs and recommend changes to quotation specifications for more economical production;
– To oversee, update and make changes to estimating software as assigned by manager;
– To manage specific territories as assigned by the manager;
– To create interactive/static price lists for customers, as assigned by the manager;
– To investigate problems with quotes and/or jobs, as assigned by the manager;
– To respond to the Sales Manager & Project Specialist inquiries for information;
– Check through commercial jobs for correct specifications and information. Fill out all appropriate forms for each job and record all additional charges, and route job into production;
– Responsible for preparing impositions and dummies for each job and all pertinent components, i.e., lid and base wraps, liners, inserts, etc.;
– Check with inventory to ensure that adequate supplies will be on hand for job planned and reserve these materials on PrintStream, or order them in through purchasing;
– Ensure that late information and changes are processed on all the dockets and cutting sheets and update PrintStream;
– Write requisition orders for materials required for other departments for jobs you have planned;
– Responsible for comparing dockets to quotes and order forms and questioning any discrepancies. Ensure accuracy on all calculations on dockets and note any special instructions;
– Update all production stages on the PrintStream system;
– Perform other duties or assignments as may be requested by your Manager or Shift Manager at various times;
– Act as primary resource of information and direction to Planning and Estimating team including outlining priorities to ensure work is completed within provided timelines
Deadline for submission of resumes is February 22, 2021. Incomplete resumes will be disqualified.
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source