The successful candidate, under the direction of the Building Materials Manager, will possess strong work ethics, superior customer service and organizational skills, keeping in mind the responsibility to maintain a safe and healthy environment for themselves, their team and our members/customers.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
• Providing estimates, consultation, and advice to customers for building projects by interpreting client input, documentation, specifications, and design drawings to determine costing and selling price associated to the building materials and manufactured components of the project;
• Provide expertise for all in-house project planning and development including project scope, plans, and material/component specifications and supporting material/component estimates;
• Develop and maintain relationships with Contractors, Architects, Engineers, Building Inspectors, Draftsperson/Designers, Material Vendors, Trades, Local Home Builder/Contractor Association(s), and stay abreast of industry trends.
• You have 1 – 3 years of relevant building materials experience and you are knowledgeable in reading construction plans and blueprints;
• Valid Class 5 drivers license, with reliable transportation;
• Experience working independently and an ambitious self-starter as well as the ability to work effectively within a team;
• Post-secondary education/coursework related to Building/Architectural Science or Construction Management would be considered an asset and preference will be given to those applicants.
Job type: Permanent
View original article here Source