Executive Assistant (2 positions)
AY4 Administrative Secretary 4
Department of Central Services
ADM, Office, Capital Projects Planning & Delivery (CPPD) & Capital Planning & Agreement Management (CPAM)
Advertisement Number: 37666
Salary(s): AY4 $46,167.00 – $52,578.00 per year
Closing Date: June 25, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Part of the Department of Central Services responsibilities include capital planning, cost-shared infrastructure project agreement negotiation & management, alternative delivery analysis, and the delivery of capital projects for most departments. Two new divisions were established and are accountable for this work. Capital Projects Planning and Delivery (CPPD) is responsible for providing technical services, project management, and delivery of capital projects. Capital Planning and Agreement Management (CPAM) is responsible for strategic capital infrastructure planning and coordination, federal/provincial cost-shared agreement negotiation and management, and alternative delivery analysis for infrastructure projects.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- Extensive experience providing support to executive and senior level staff including managing calendars, coordinating meetings, and managing the flow of information in and out of the office.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to prioritize workloads, multitask, and work on concurrent assignments with strict deadlines
- Excellent written communication skills with strong attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Experience developing and /or maintaining paper and electronic files/filing systems and document tracking systems.
- Experience creating or editing documents various types of correspondence, including letters, memos, reports and/or authority seeking documents.
- Experience working with highly sensitive material in a confidential and professional manner.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with the public and staff over the telephone and in person.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships.
- Demonstrated political acumen when dealing with matters of sensitive or controversial nature.
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to exercise a high level of initiative.
- Experience researching, analyzing, compiling and summarizing information.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
The Executive Assistant reports to the Assistant Deputy Minister (ADM) and provides confidential administrative support in a timely, effective and professional manner. The incumbent must interact effectively with department employees, staff from other government agencies, and members of the public to ensure a high level of customer service. The incumbent manages the ADM’s inbox, follows up on tasks assigned to branch, manages paper and electronic filing systems, and conducts research and compiles information on assigned tasks. Duties also include managing the ADM’s calendar and arranging meetings, including researching and preparing meeting folders with information and background. Attends and prepares agendas and minutes or notes for meetings chaired by the ADM and other meetings as required. Duties also include making travel arrangements and preparing expense reports.
Advertisement # 37666
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source