Executive Assistant *Amended*
HJ2 (Classification Under Review)
Department of Families
Property Services, Manitoba Housing and Renewal Corporation
Selkirk MB, Winnipeg MB
Advertisement Number: 40107
Salary(s): HJ2 $46,602.00 – $51,747.00 per year
Closing Date: November 30, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
If you are looking for interesting and challenging work, this is a great opportunity to join our team. One of our roles is to promote community development and create opportunities for people to engage in activities that promote well-being and social inclusion where they live. Housing is integral to this process and we strive to safeguard an adequate supply of safe and affordable housing in communities across Manitoba, particularly for those of low and moderate income or those with specialized needs. It is also our role to sustain and improve the condition of existing social housing. For more information, we encourage you to visit our website at: https://www.gov.mb.ca/housing/index.html.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check with a vulnerable sector search
- Must provide a current and satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Must provide a current and satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Significant experience providing a full range of administrative and secretarial support at the executive/senior management level; a combination of related experience, training and/or education may be considered.
- Experience in the coordination and booking of meetings and logistics and the preparation of associated materials
- Experience in the research, coordination and preparation of information for management review
- Superior interpersonal and customer service skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills including the ability to handle competing demands in a very high paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision
- Sound judgment and problem solving skills with the ability to handle sensitive and non-routine issues
- Demonstrated ability to work with highly confidential information
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
The Executive Assistant is essential to the performance of the Executive’s responsibilities and is expected to exercise a significant level of autonomy in managing work priorities and liaising with various levels in the organization to resolve issues. The Executive Assistant manages Executive Management’s calendar and e-mail, coordinates meetings/conferences and workshops, makes travel arrangements, maintains a tracking system, oversees the preparation of authority-seeking documents such as Briefing and Advisory notes, researches and analyzes information to prepare complex technical written reports as requested by a member of senior management.
Advertisement # 40107
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source