Executive Assistant (Revised Term)
AYD Executive Assistant
Term ending March 31, 2024 with possibility of an extension subject to; Treasury Board approval, departmental needs and satisfactory work performance.
Department of Finance
Administration, Treasury Board Secretariat
Advertisement Number: 39776
Salary(s): AYD $48,588.00 – $55,850.00 per year
Closing Date: August 21, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
An eligibility list may be established to fill other similar positions on a regular, term or acting basis; and may remain in effect for 12 months.
This position functions as the executive assistant to the Secretary to Treasury Board and Assistant Deputy Minister, Fiscal Management and Capital Planning. Incumbent will provide support to the Secretariat’s senior management through confidential administrative duties/services. The duties and responsibilities are highly confidential nature, including preparation of correspondence, reports, briefing material, submissions, maintaining a bring-forward system, correspondence tracking, calendar responsibilities, filing, handling of telephone inquiries and making meeting and/or travel arrangements.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory criminal record check.
- Post-Secondary education in Office Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience providing confidential secretarial support to senior and executive management such as: managing multiple inboxes and calendars, scheduling meetings, preparing meeting material, manage multiple tracking systems, etc.
- Demonstrated sound judgment and ability to build strong relationships while communicating clearly and concisely with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience assessing and analyzing correspondence and using sound judgment for processing them for action.
- Experience with preparation of Orders-in-Council, Treasury Board submissions, Ministerial briefing materials, correspondence and general material for senior government officials. Demonstrated knowledge of the Annual Estimates of Expenditure and Public Accounts.
- Experience conducting research, drafting, proofreading, compiling pertinent information and recommending course of action where appropriate.
- Experience coordinating out of province travel arrangements, conference room booking, and steering committees etc.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong political acumen with the ability to manage highly confidential and sensitive material.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience maintaining filing and database systems.
- Experience with SAP, Adobe Professional and SmartSheet.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to technological challeges.
Maintaining good and effective relationships with senior government officials, directors, managers, staff and central government agencies is essential to the successful performance of job duties. The diversity and dissimilarity of duties requires the incumbent to always be well informed in order to provide an effective level of guidance to the government and departmental officials and staff. Must be creative and show initiative in resolving problems and carrying out duties. Must handle confidential information with discretion.
Advertisement # 39776
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source