Executive Assistant to the Assistant Deputy Minister
AY4 Administrative Secretary 4
Manitoba Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Operations
Advertisement Number: 36795
Salary(s): AY4 $46,167.00 – $52,578.00 per year
Closing Date: November 13, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect until exhausted or expired based upon operational requirements.
The Civil Service Commission (CSC) works to ensure effective human resource and labour relations management in government and represents the public interest in the administration of The Civil Service Act and its regulations. The CSC leads the development, management and delivery of human resource strategies and programs responsive to general government and departmental goals and priorities.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Must be able to work overtime as required
- Experience providing administrative support at an executive level including creating and maintaining document tracking systems, appointment scheduling, and maintaining files and filing systems
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to prioritize and work on concurrent assignments and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience supporting organizational change with hope, optimism and resiliency; and a demonstrated commitment towards innovation and responsible risk taking
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong written communication skills with experience proof-reading, editing and formatting correspondence and reports with accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with the public and staff over the telephone and in person
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative and be proactive
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential information
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook; and experience using AIMS
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in French
- Experience with SAP
Reporting to the Assistant Deputy Minister, Human Resource Operations this position provides comprehensive and professional administrative support including document tracking, prioritization and follow-up; coordination of meetings; researching and compiling background information for correspondence; maintaining records and files; liaising with all levels of the organization; drafting reports and correspondence; monitoring and controlling the administrative procedures within the operations division; timekeeping; preparing cashflows; and other general office duties. The position carries out responsibilities with a high degree of independence in consultation with the Assistant Deputy Minister.
Advertisement # 36795
Human Resource Services
935-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source