Executive Assistant to the Deputy Minister
AO1 Executive Assistant to the Deputy Minister
Department of Mental Health, Wellness and Recovery
Deputy Ministers Office
Advertisement Number: 37542
Salary(s): AO1 $48,853.00 – $57,363.00 per year
Closing Date: May 15, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An Eligibility list may be established to fill future term and regular vacancies.
Preference in this competition will be given to internal applicants.
The department of Mental Health, Wellness and Recovery is looking for and Administrative Assistant to the Deputy Minister.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Extensive experience providing administrative coordination and support to senior and executive level management.
- Extensive calendar management experience with accountability for: scheduling meetings, coordinating appointments, making travel arrangements and preparing necessary meeting materials.
- Experience maintaining document tracking systems such as Activities and Issues Management System (AIMS) or Shared Information Management System (SIMS) to manage incoming and outgoing requests and correspondence.
- Experience managing correspondence, authority seeking documents and other highly sensitive materials on behalf of senior leadership.
- Strong leadership skills to provide guidance and direction to office staff
- Strong verbal communication skills to clearly and professionally communicate with internal and external stakeholders in person and over the phone.
- Excellent written communication skills to draft, format, edit and proof read correspondence on behalf of the Deputy Minister’s office.
- Strong customer services skills to represent the Deputy’s office with courtesy and professionalism.
- Strong political acumen to manage conflicting priorities of various stakeholders with diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work in an efficient and effective manner with all levels of government.
- Ability to maintain organization in a high pressure environment with competing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Strong ability to independently problem solve complex issues with limited direction.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Administrative Assistant certificate/diploma or post-secondary education in office management/business or equivalent secretarial experience.
- Experience working within a Minster’s or Deputy Minister’s office.
Reporting to the Deputy Minister of Mental Health, Wellness and Recovery, this position is responsible for providing professional and confidential administrative support to the Deputy Minister and overall coordination of the Deputy Minister’s office. Working independently, the incumbent will be responsible for:
• Coordinating the Deputy Ministers office administration and operations
• Liaising with internal and external stakeholders on behalf of the Deputy Minister
• Coordination of meetings, events, announcement and travel
• Maintaining FIPPA responses and Records
• Coordination of all DM office Reporting
• Drafting, researching and managing sensitive and confidential information and authority seeking documents
Advertisement # 37542
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source