Executive Director, Bureau de l’éducation française
XM3 Senior Manager 3
Department of Education and Early Childhood Learning
Bureau de l’éducation française, Student Achievement and Inclusion
Advertisement Number: 39460
Salary(s): XM3 $98,670.00 – $117,866.00 per year
Closing Date: July 24, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
A detailed position description is available upon request.
The Department of Education and Early Childhood Learning is seeking a bilingual transformation leader to join our Senior Leadership Team in the Student Achievement and Inclusion Division and lead the Bureau de l’éducation française Branch. The Department is undertaking a significant transformation to ensure the education system is aligned with its mandate to improve student outcomes and provide students with the skills and knowledge they need to achieve their full potential. The Bureau de l’éducation française (BEF) has the mandate to provide leadership and direction for all matters related to French-language education in Manitoba.
The Manitoba Government has a comprehensive benefit package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave, and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers). To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must produce and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required
- Must be fully bilingual (French and English)
- Must be able to travel within Manitoba and Canada as required
- Leadership and management experience with post-secondary degree in education or related field, with knowledge of public administration.
- Experience providing leadership in the design and implementation of policies and programs, such as K-12 education policy, curriculum and assessment development.
- Strong strategic leadership skills with experience in coaching, managing employee performance, and in fostering diversity, collaboration and engagement across cross-functional teams.
- Experience overseeing the development, implementation and monitoring of accountability mechanisms that include evaluation, performance measures, and reporting.
- Effective research and analytical skills with the ability to monitor, evaluate progress and report on student outcomes.
- Excellent political acumen skills, including the ability to utilize networks and provide strategic advice to senior leaders on complex and sensitive issues.
- Effective verbal communication skills in French and English with an ability to communicate complex information to all levels of the organization, external stakeholders and the public.
- Superior written communication skills in French and English, including the ability to write politically sensitive and confidential materials for senior leaders and public facing documents.
- Ability to strategically manage and synthesize multi-dimensional issues, adapt to changing priorities, and operate successfully in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong financial acumen, with experience in budgeting and financial management.
- Knowledge of current educational research related to curriculum design and effective instruction and assessment, including approaches to addressing the needs of diverse learners.
- Broad knowledge of Manitoba’s K-12 education system and current directions.
As a member of the Student Achievement and Inclusion Division senior leadership team, the Executive Director of the Bureau de l’éducation française branch, provides provincial leadership of K to 12 French Language Education in Manitoba. The Executive Director, in collaboration with the division’s senior leadership team, contributes to longer term provincial strategic planning for the department, division and branch, ensuring alignment with government priorities as well as the objectives of the Protocol for Agreements for Minority-Language Education and Second-Language Instruction. The Executive Director works closely and collaboratively with internal and external education stakeholders to advance and support French Language education within the province.
Advertisement # 39460
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source